Every holiday for the last year has been a little different, so it’s no surprise this Valentine’s Day will be too. While it’s custom to do dinner and a movie out with the one you love, most of us are going to be at home on the most romantic day of the year. But just because you are at home, doesn’t mean the romance has to vanish. This month, I am sharing 10 things you can do to spice up your Valentine’s Day at home.
- Cook a meal from scratch – We all eat takeout several times a week, so switch things up and plan a three-course meal that you cook from scratch. Use Pinterest as a resource for easy meals that don’t require a culinary degree to master. Your babe will appreciate the effort + time you spent making the night special. But if cooking really isn’t your thing (and you’re located in Charleston, SC) order Hamby Catering’s “Quarantine Cutie” 4 course meal. This gourmet option just needs to be popped into the oven, and in less than 20 you’ll have a 5 star dining experience from the comfort of your home.
- Light dozens of candles – Nothing sets the mood more than flames. Go all out on this night by lighting dozens of candles all throughout the room you’d spend the most time in. Either pull from your own stash around the house, or pick up a few tea lights from your local dollar store. Whichever you choose, it’s sure to create an extra bit of romance to your night.
- Get crafty and make a homemade gift – Take it back to school days and puppy love. Pull out the glue gun, some construction paper, and a few foam hearts, and glitter to create something cheesy for the one you love. He may roll his eyes at first, but it will take you both back to a simpler time when the only thing that matters is the two of you.
- Get all dressed up – If you’re anything like me, then you have been living in sweats for the past ten months. Switch things up this night, and put on your best outfit as if you were going out somewhere special. Go all out with hair, makeup, and even heels. This is sure to turn an ordinary night into an extraordinary one.
- Watch a movie marathon – Be intentional when you are sitting in front of the t.v. this night. Instead of mindlessly flipping through channels, come up with a marathon of movies that either celebrate love or reflect the best parts of your relationship.
- Indulge in your favorite dessert – Either buy multiple desserts from your favorite restaurant to-go, or bake a few of your favorites. Just go all out. Whichever you decide, just know that calories don’t count on this day.
- Put on a new piece of lingerie – Ya’ll know how important I think lingerie is. And, if there were ever a night to wear it, this would be it. Buy yourself something nice and show it off. Trust me ladies, this won’t just be a gift for you.
- Host a wine tasting – Going through a bottle of wine (at least in my household) isn’t a challenge. So instead of just uncorking your favorite blend, take things up a notch by turning it into a full-blown wine tasting. Pull three or four bottles from different grapes, and pair each with a cheese that compliments each.
- Only listen to slow jamz all night (no t.v.) – It’s easy to end up in front of the t.v. which typically means not much conversation has taken place. Switch things up this night, and only play slow jamz. Not only will it set the mood, it will provide the perfect excuse for good conversation.
- Give each other a massage – Physical touch is the love language we should all be exploiting on Valentine’s Day. Make it beneficial by pulling out your favorite scented lotions and rub it all over each other’s bodies.
How do you plan to spend this Valentine’s Day?!